The International Finance Services Company (“IFIS-Company”) is an association of financial institutions from around the world which promotes international financial loan service.
1 How to contact us
We have appointed a data privacy officer who is responsible for overseeing questions concerning this Policy. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our data privacy officer in the following ways:
– By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, so please review this page periodically for changes. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you either by placing a notice on our website, or by contacting you through the email address you have provided to us.
3 Information collection and use
3.1 What personal data does IFIS-Company collect?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect personal data that is provided to us by our members, event attendees, event sponsors, website users and others, which may include:
• Contact data, such as your name, employer, job title, department, username or similar identifier, postal address, email address and telephone numbers. Contact data is provided when you create a new user account on our website, provide your business card at a meeting or one of our events, when you communicate with us and when organizations complete our membership or subscription forms.
• Credentials, such as passwords, your secret question and answer, or similar security information used for authentication and account access.
• Marketing and subscription data, such as your preferences in receiving our marketing from us and our third parties, and your interests when you subscribe to email subscriptions on our website.
• Event data, such as the contact data you provide when you register for an event, and a record of your participation in our events as an attendee, presenter or a member of the press.
• Invoicing information, such as invoice data and bank account details to process payments.
• Candidate data, such as employment history, qualifications, academic qualifications and education records, and any other information that you provide to us when applying for a role, for example in your curriculum vitae, a covering letter, on an application form or during an interview, or that we have received from a recruitment agency or background check provider.
In addition, we collect personal data from publicly available sources, such as corporate and industry websites, social media platforms (such as LinkedIn), press releases and other news outlets. When new staff members join IFIS, they may also have contacts from their previous employment. Personal data relating to these contacts will be processed in line with this Policy.
3.2 How does IIF process personal data?
We process your personal data for the purposes set out in this Policy only where we have a valid legal ground for doing so under applicable data protection law. The legal ground will depend on the purpose for which we process your personal data.
We use your personal data in the following ways as necessary in our legitimate business interests, including to meet our membership and subscription obligations:
• to administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement to which we are a party;
• to provide our products and services, and contact you regarding your use of our products and services;
• to provide you with copies of our educational research and other membership content that you have requested;
• to manage registration, payments and your attendance to our events; and
• to respond to requests or inquiries.
If you apply to work for IFIS on a permenant or temporary basis, we will use your personal data in the following ways as necessary in our legitimate interests, and to decide whether to enter into a contract with you:
• to assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role you have applied for;
• to carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
• to communicate with you about the recruitment process;
• to keep records related to our hiring processes; and
• to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
4 Rights under the GDPR
4.1 What are my rights?
You have the right to access, correct, restrict the processing of, delete or transfer the personal data we hold about you.
Send a request by email: email@example.com
Where you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under this Policy or European data protection law, we ask that you contact us first to see if we can resolve the issue. However, you have the right to make a complaint to an EU Data Protection Authority.
© 2020 The Institute of International Finance. All rights reserved.